Some days are better than others.
Today, ashes fell from the sky.
Some days are better than others.
Today, ashes fell from the sky.
I don’t wear makeup or shave or dye my hair for you. I don’t care what you “prefer”. I’ll do what I please with my body because I want to.
Bookworm’s Dream Giveaway!
- one black Kobo Mini eReader
- tons of books preloaded on it!
- Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
- Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins
- Percy Jackson series - Rick Riordan
- Divergent series - Veronica Roth
- Game of Thrones series (The Songs of Ice and Fire) George R.R. Martin
- Narnia series - C.S. Lewis
- Maze Runner series - James Dashner
- Mortal Instruments series - Cassandra Clare
- Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz
- Torchwood book series
- Alex Rider series - Anthony Horowitz
- The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
- Paper Towns - John Green
- Looking for Alaska - John Green
- Heat series - Richard Castle
- Ender’s Game Saga - Orson Scott Card
- The Chemical Gardens trilogy - Lauren DeStefano
- Dresden Files series - Jim Butcher
- Howl’s Moving Castle series - Diana Wynne Jones
- Chrestomanci series - Diana Wynne Jones
- Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
- Graceling Realm series - Kristin Cashore
- Summer Falls - Amelia Williams
- The Angel’s Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery
- Storm series - Richard Castle
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Discworld series - Terry Pratchett
- Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
- Neil Gaiman collection
- The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series - Douglas Adams
- The Hollows series - Kim Harrison
- Sunshine - Robin McKinley
- The Black Jewels trilogy - Anne Bishop
- Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
- The Mars Trilogy - Kim Stanley
- The Sword of Truth series - Terry Goodkind
- David Gemmel collection
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chobsky
- Warm Bodies - Issac Marion
- The Young Wizards series - Diane Duane
- Stephen King Collection
- Dangerous Women - George R.R. Martin & Gardner Dozois
- The Wheel of Time series - Robert Jordan
- The Mistborn Trilogy - Brandon Sanderson
- A Series of Unfortunate Events - Lemony Snickett
- The Cirque du Freak series - Darren Shan
- The Demonata series - Darren Shan
- The Ranger’s Apprentice series - John Flanagan
- Virals Series - Kathy Reichs
- Boy Meets Boy - David Levithan
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel
- Reboot - Amy Tintera
- Vampire Queen Series - Joey Hill
- Nature of Desire Series - Joey Hill
- Guild Hunter Series - Nalini Singh
- Psy Changling Series - Nalini Singh
- Valdemar Series’ - Mercedes Lackey
- Mercedes Lackey Collection
- His Dark Materials Series - Philip Pullman
- Temeraire Series - Naomi Novik
- Safehold Series - David Weber
- Chronicles of Vladimir Todd - Heather Brewer
- Song of the Lioness Quartet - Tamora Pierce
- Hollow Earth - John & Carole Barrowman
- Chaos Walking Series - Patrick Ness
- 1984 - George Orwell
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
- Matched Trilogy - Ally Condie
- Alice in Wonderland Series - Lewis Carroll
- Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
- Night Angel Trilogy - Brent Weeks
BOOK REQUESTS ARE CLOSED! I’ll open it up for more later on but I think we have enough right now :D
1. Reblog this post to enter. You can reblog as many times as you want!
2. Likes count.
3. Be following the Geek Studio.
4. Anyone can enter! No country limits!
5. That’s it!
READ THE GIVEAWAY FAQ’S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! It saves both you and me some time ;)
A name will be picked at random by a generator to determine the winner. The winner will be posted on my blog and notified through their ask box.
End Date: February 28th, 2014 at 10:00PM EST
Being flawless is boring.
It is our insecurities and flaws that make us beautiful.
Depression is not something you can control with medicine or diet or exercise like other things. Sometimes it rears its ugly goddamn head and all you can do is cope with it and do the best you can. And that’s all we can expect from you. And we will love you no matter what. We will love you because of your flaws, not in spite of them. Because they’re what makes you beautiful.
You’ll always be invincible,
My hero in a hospital gown.
Words always fail me when I need them most. My tongue stumbles over my vowels and consonants. Putting pen to paper seems to be the only way to say what I mean these days and even then the words aren’t adequate.
I really can’t describe how much music means to me.
For most people, music is just something to fill the silence. Something pleasant to play in your car on your way to work.
But for people like me, it’s different.
It is the chill down my spine when a chord progression is particularly strong.
It is the way tears come to my eyes when a lyric hits me hard.
I feel music in my bones.
It is firecrackers and snowflakes, like Christmas in July.
It’s the reason I wake up every morning and remember to breathe.
So never say it’s “just music”.
It has NEVER been “just music” to me.
Last night, I was was laying in bed crying, and my cat came up and laid next to me on the pillow. I put my hand on his side, for comfort, trying to pull myself together. He looked me directly in the eye, put his paw on my chin and we just laid there like that for awhile. It was like he was reassuring me that he’s here, and that together we’ll make it through.
I really don’t know what I’d do without him. <3
I adore flying, the whole experience. Running through terminals to get to my plane, sitting next to a stranger and parting as friends, the way my breath catches when the wheels leave the ground and the exhale of relief when they touch down safely at the end. Looking out the window mid flight and realizing that you literally left all of your problems on the ground. Your insecurities, debt, hate, all of it. When I break through the clouds and rise above them, the sun setting them ablaze, I feel…untouchable.
I’m undecided on the subject of fate and destiny and such. On one hand, I’d like to believe that there’s someone out there meant specifically for me, or that my life will end up okay because “that’s fate for ya”, but on the other hand, the idea that my entire life is already planned out, that I have no say in where my life is going is exceedingly depressing.
Outside my window, I can hear trains. There’s a sort of call and reply feel to them. One will chime as if saying hello and another will answer back with the same. It’s sort of reassuring, in a way. That even trains can make peace with their lot.
You know what I miss? Writing letters. No one writes letters anymore, and it’s one of my favorite things to do. Seeing people’s handwriting says something about their character. The way they punctuate their sentences, or the way they don’t. Whether or not they write in all capitals.
Yeah, I miss writing letters.
Everyone in the punk/hardcore/metalcore/etc. scene… we’re family. A community. I just recently noticed how this makes us so much different from the rest of musical society. If you listen to any of the bands, go to their shows, you’ll see it. For a moment, we all relate to the song… we all hold hands, hold our breath, and sing the words with tears in our eyes. For us, it’s more than music. It’s a chance to belong to something more, something bigger than a room full of people listening to the same song. For us, they’re heroes, brothers, best friends. For some of us, they’re the only reason we’re still breathing. We fall asleep with their words in our heads, and their ideas clutched to our chest like a child’s stuffed animal. We buy the EP’s, go to the local shows, and wear the t-shirts because for us, it’s more than music.
It’s always been more than music. <3